Friday, November 5, 2010

Minor letdowns

Just as the title describes, today has been full of minor letdowns. It's definitely list time!
  1. I spent the morning looking forward to meeting up for lunch with my husband. At 11:30, after calling him twice with no luck already, I finally got a hold of him and he told me that he was sorry, but was going out to lunch with his boss instead. Lonely lunch on my own = Letdown.
  2. All day I've been looking forward to trying out an afternoon tea gathering at New Mother New Baby, a store in Northbrook. I thought it would be nice for Smash to have another day in the week to interact with other babies, and for me to interact with more local moms. Unfortunately, he finally fell asleep about 20 minutes ago, and he won't be up in time for us to make it today. Not happening = Letdown.
  3. Part of the reason he went down for his nap so late is that he's teething and refused to nurse when it was time for him to eat, so we lost a good 45 minutes with me trying to distract him from his discomfort and getting him to finally nurse. He eventually did, but not as much as I'd have liked. It must really bother his poor gums to nurse right now. Not being able to do anything for him = Letdown.
  4. I noticed today that our cat has been gnawing on the side of the couch and there is now a gaping hole through the vinyl, and some foam stuffing is sticking out of it. Unsightly couch hole = Letdown.
  5. Finally, there is a moldy smell in our master bathroom, and I was hoping that cleaning up the pink/orange mildewy stuff on the edges of the shower floor would solve the problem. Well, one clean shower floor later, the smell is still there. Great. We probably have mold growing somewhere in there. Joe thinks it's under the floor tiles, since they creak now and they didn't a few months ago when we first moved in. For our safety as well as Smash's, we need to address this ASAP, even though we really don't have the money to fix it right now. This is actually a major letdown. This morning I called a few local mold inspectors after doing some research online, and their prices are awful. I guess this is the going rate and we're just going to have to bite the bullet. Ah, the joys of being a homeowner. :/
At least we get to shift gears tonight. We're going out with some friends to see Due Date and then heading over to RAM for some drinks and late-night grub. (My mom will be watching Smash.) It'll be a welcome break from all our 'adult-life' worries. Hopefully tonight won't be as much of a letdown as today was!

No comments:

Post a Comment